COLLEGE CRASH COURSE EDITION:
As a college student, my sleep schedule changes constantly! Balancing my classes, social life, job, and homework can leave little to no room for sleep.
Here are some tips to help you better manage your sleep cycle:
- Having consistent sleep and wake times can help improve the quality of your sleep.
- Staying up to the a.m. can cause you to get less sleep that same day and you’ll wake up tired and unable to focus.
- Your body should be able to naturally wake up on its own without the use of a alarm. So choose an appropriate to fall a sleep. You should give yourself at least 8-10 hours of sleep.
- Turn off all electronic devices before falling asleep. The smallest light in the dark can ruin your sleep cycle and have you up all night.
- Keep naps short! If you find yourself taking more than one nap a day, your not getting enough sleep at night.