If you feel that an officer has violated your constitutional rights there is action you can take. But you must always remain calm.

  • Police misconduct CANNOT be challenged in the streets, do not physically resist officers, or threaten to file a complaint against them.
  • When the stop is over you should right down everything you remember for later use. Get information on witnesses if applicable, and if injured be sure to take photographs of said injuries.
  • Contact internal affairs or a civilian complaint board and file a written complaint(this may also be done anonymously)